Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holidays Make Me Numb

I used to love Christmas. It was my favorite time of year. I would look forward to it with excitement each year. Christmas is a magical family time. Getting together with the family to celebrate the birth of Jesus, and the love of family. What a wonderful experience it was. ]

Now, the holidays are lonely. I adore the time with my child, but the time alone just makes me realize how truly alone I actually am. The decorations mock me. The walls close in. Shopping is painful. Having to watch all the happy families joyously picking out gifts for their loved ones. I go through the motions, getting gifts for family and friends, all the while I know I am going home alone. No one to talk to, no one to love me. Just me and my decorations and walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment